- ICG-Brussels bloats Madhesi numbers Even if the nation’s total Muslim population (4.4 percent) is added to the total population of com... Read More
- Is China among the most preferred destinations for Nepali students? Prime Minister K P Oli, speaking at Renmin University in Beijing said China remains one of the most ... Read More
- Adhikari’s claim about India-China joint statement incorrect Adhikari claimed the joint statement issued by the Indian and Chinese prime ministers on May 15, 201... Read More
- Envoy Upadhyay correct about Nepal’s trade dependency on India "If you look at [the statistics], you will find that [Nepal's] trade dependency on India 16-17 years... Read More
- Per diem for member of Nepali foreign delegation is $25 If the host country has provided cash for room and board then no pocket allowance would be provided,... Read More
- Is Nepali Congress the only party with provision of reservation? "Which party’s statute has provision of reservation? Does the CPN-UML have such provision? Does t... Read More
- Deuba wrongly being credited for Kamaiya abolition Some Nepali newspapers, radio stations, and news websites have credited Sher Bahadur Deuba for the a... Read More
- How accurate are Dr Lohani’s statements on Upper Karnali project? Dr Lohani says if the Upper Karnali project had been in operation during the recent blockade then Ne... Read More
- Prime Minister Oli makes wrong claim about citizenship During his recent India visit (February 19–February 24), Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli spoke at the... Read More
- Oli’s India visit was indeed a state visit In an interview aired on ABC Television last week, former foreign minister Ramesh Nath Pandey claime... Read More
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
Oli exaggerates killings under Congress government UML Chairman KP Oli in a public speech this week claimed 122 people were killed in peaceful demonstrations in the three and a half years of rule by Nepali Congress after the 1991 general elections. Read More
Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 27 Kantipur report headlined “Talks slacken” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed minister. Kantipur report headlined “Bullet shells found” by Bedraj Poudel datelined Bhant... Read More