- Madhes: Facts and rumors Lately, the news media and social networking sites are abuzz with some interesting statements on Tar... Read More
- Citizenship provision in new constitution is discriminatory against women A child born abroad to a Nepali mother and a foreigner father does not get Nepali citizenship if the... Read More
- Readers checking facts When readers themselves take the initiative to check the authenticity of misleading images through i... Read More
- Does party whip apply to CA members? The Anti-defection Act-1997, which was amended in 2010, has stated that if a CA member in defiance o... Read More
- Mahantha Thakur’s claim that draft constitution affects Madhesis’ right to employment is incorrect The Himalayan Times report headlined “Madhesis cannot accept incomplete constitution: Thakur... Read More
- UN rights body wrongly says father of deceased two-year-old also died in Kailali clash In a press briefing on Maldives, Nepal and Iraq by spokesperson of the Office of the UN High Commiss... Read More
- Tharuhat/Tharuwan Joint Struggle Committee wrongly claims hundreds killed in pro-Tharuhat unrest Only eight persons have been killed in the pro-Tharuhat protests since the four major political part... Read More
- Gachchhadar’s claim that Tharus form Nepal’s largest indigenous community is not true According to the Census Report-2011 prepared by the Central Bureau of Statistics, Magar is the large... Read More
- Photo from Tikapur Incident? No, it is a 2011 one from North Carolina, USA A blogsite used this photograph in a news piece about ... Read More
- Mahat’s claim of 600 MW addition this year unachievable Southasiacheck learnt that the prediction of the Ministry of Finance about 600 MW addition was based... Read More
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 14 Annapurna Post report headlined “Impossible to fulfill reconstruction-related assurances” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official. Kant... Read More
Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 26 The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Nepal and China agree to sign long-term fuel deal” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Nepali official. Read More