KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
South Asia Check / February 15, 2018
Several Nepali and foreign media outlets have reported that K P Oli is the 41st prime minister of Nepal. But South Asia Check has found this to be wrong.
The standard prime ministerial numbering system is that no matter how many times a person, for instance Oli, becomes prime minister, he is counted as one prime minister as Oli is one person, and the number of prime ministers does not increase. So KP Oli is the 38th prime minister.
The website of the prime minister’s office has listed K P Oli as 38th prime minister of Nepal. This means Oli is 38th person to become prime minister.
But the basis on which Oli has been termed as 41st prime minister actually makes him 62nd prime minister.
Please read this report also.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
In Public InterestNARC grappling with manpower shortage At the Nepal Agricultural Research Council, the government-sanctioned positions are already insuffic... Read More
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?