KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
South Asia Check / February 15, 2018
Several Nepali and foreign media outlets have reported that K P Oli is the 41st prime minister of Nepal. But South Asia Check has found this to be wrong.
The standard prime ministerial numbering system is that no matter how many times a person, for instance Oli, becomes prime minister, he is counted as one prime minister as Oli is one person, and the number of prime ministers does not increase. So KP Oli is the 38th prime minister.
The website of the prime minister’s office has listed K P Oli as 38th prime minister of Nepal. This means Oli is 38th person to become prime minister.
But the basis on which Oli has been termed as 41st prime minister actually makes him 62nd prime minister.
Please read this report also.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
- Fact Check Viral video clips involving Sujata Koirala were manipulated to create controversy
- Fact Check Video clip of anti-India demonstration being circulated on social media is six months old
- Fact Check 5-year-old India toilet photo is circulating as photo of Bharatpur coronavirus hospital toilet
- Fact Check Fact-checked: WHO hasn’t revised coronavirus risk level for Nepal
- Fact Check News reports of impending internet outage are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently