KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
South Asia Check / February 15, 2018
Several Nepali and foreign media outlets have reported that K P Oli is the 41st prime minister of Nepal. But South Asia Check has found this to be wrong.
The standard prime ministerial numbering system is that no matter how many times a person, for instance Oli, becomes prime minister, he is counted as one prime minister as Oli is one person, and the number of prime ministers does not increase. So KP Oli is the 38th prime minister.
The website of the prime minister’s office has listed K P Oli as 38th prime minister of Nepal. This means Oli is 38th person to become prime minister.
But the basis on which Oli has been termed as 41st prime minister actually makes him 62nd prime minister.
Please read this report also.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore