NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
South Asia Check / December 3, 2018
On the Fireside program aired on Kantipur Television on September 3, 2018, the program host Bhusan Dahal told Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC) Managing Director Sugat Ratna Kansakar: “…the report of the Auditor General has said that there are flaws in your [aircraft] purchase process.”
In reply, Kansakar said, “The report has not said that.”
The 55th annual report-2074 of the Auditor General on page 351 has stated this: “While the rule 236(1) of Nepal Airlines Corporation’s Financial Regulations-2065, states that aircraft can be purchased only from the manufacturer… the signing of agreement to purchase the Airbus aircraft through a supplier, who acted as middleman, is in breach of the law.”
This shows Kansakar’s claim is false.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements