NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
South Asia Check / December 3, 2018
On the Fireside program aired on Kantipur Television on September 3, 2018, the program host Bhusan Dahal told Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC) Managing Director Sugat Ratna Kansakar: “…the report of the Auditor General has said that there are flaws in your [aircraft] purchase process.”
In reply, Kansakar said, “The report has not said that.”
The 55th annual report-2074 of the Auditor General on page 351 has stated this: “While the rule 236(1) of Nepal Airlines Corporation’s Financial Regulations-2065, states that aircraft can be purchased only from the manufacturer… the signing of agreement to purchase the Airbus aircraft through a supplier, who acted as middleman, is in breach of the law.”
This shows Kansakar’s claim is false.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore