NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
South Asia Check / December 3, 2018
On the Fireside program aired on Kantipur Television on September 3, 2018, the program host Bhusan Dahal told Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC) Managing Director Sugat Ratna Kansakar: “…the report of the Auditor General has said that there are flaws in your [aircraft] purchase process.”
In reply, Kansakar said, “The report has not said that.”
The 55th annual report-2074 of the Auditor General on page 351 has stated this: “While the rule 236(1) of Nepal Airlines Corporation’s Financial Regulations-2065, states that aircraft can be purchased only from the manufacturer… the signing of agreement to purchase the Airbus aircraft through a supplier, who acted as middleman, is in breach of the law.”
This shows Kansakar’s claim is false.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNARC grappling with manpower shortage At the Nepal Agricultural Research Council, the government-sanctioned positions are already insuffic... Read More
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?