NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
South Asia Check / December 3, 2018
On the Fireside program aired on Kantipur Television on September 3, 2018, the program host Bhusan Dahal told Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC) Managing Director Sugat Ratna Kansakar: “…the report of the Auditor General has said that there are flaws in your [aircraft] purchase process.”
In reply, Kansakar said, “The report has not said that.”
The 55th annual report-2074 of the Auditor General on page 351 has stated this: “While the rule 236(1) of Nepal Airlines Corporation’s Financial Regulations-2065, states that aircraft can be purchased only from the manufacturer… the signing of agreement to purchase the Airbus aircraft through a supplier, who acted as middleman, is in breach of the law.”
This shows Kansakar’s claim is false.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage