Looking back at reconstruction
South Asia Check / April 24, 2017
The April 2015 earthquake killed nearly 9000 people in Nepal and hundreds of thousands lost their homes. In the timeline below we trace back the important decisions and events about earthquake reconstruction that took place in the last two years.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agriculture sector's share in the total national export was 65 percent with rice being the major export item. Read More
Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation South Asia Check has presented statistics to show which communities of Nepal have been able to send their representatives to parliament in proportion to their population, even without the aid of reser... Read More