Looking back at reconstruction
South Asia Check / April 24, 2017
The April 2015 earthquake killed nearly 9000 people in Nepal and hundreds of thousands lost their homes. In the timeline below we trace back the important decisions and events about earthquake reconstruction that took place in the last two years.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy
Tall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, you won’t find an illiterate person! Even if you search hard, you will find not a single Nepali who... Read More
Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now In an interval of 26 years, Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba’s land decreased from 29 bigha to approximately 14.3 bigha however his property in the form of bank balance and ornaments has increased. Read More