Looking back at reconstruction
South Asia Check / April 24, 2017
The April 2015 earthquake killed nearly 9000 people in Nepal and hundreds of thousands lost their homes. In the timeline below we trace back the important decisions and events about earthquake reconstruction that took place in the last two years.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during his fifteen hunger strikes and agreements reached with various governments. Read More
Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data Figures maintained by Nepal Police have shown that rape complaints have been constantly rising and have more than doubled in six years. Source: Nepal Police Fiscal Year Rape (number of complaints... Read More