Looking back at reconstruction
South Asia Check / April 24, 2017
The April 2015 earthquake killed nearly 9000 people in Nepal and hundreds of thousands lost their homes. In the timeline below we trace back the important decisions and events about earthquake reconstruction that took place in the last two years.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Prime Minister Deuba’s ludicrous claims about press
- In Public Interest Dying untimely deaths
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 7
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 6
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 5
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 4
Dying untimely deaths Simple precautions can prevent death from altitude sickness but several people died from this condition in the eastern region. Read More
Women in jail The statistics for the last five years show that Nepal’s prison population is growing at around 7 percent annually. And female inmates are growing by around five percent per year. Read More