Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
Pratibha Rawal / September 22, 2017
On September 18, 2017, the Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers (OPMCM) made public the property details of 28 ministers out of the 56 ministers in the cabinet. The property details of Prime Minister Sher Bahadur Deuba were also made public.
We have compared the details of property made public by Prime Minister Deuba now vis-à-vis the property made public in 1991 when he was a cabinet minister in then Girija Prasad Koirala-led government.[Source: Gorkhapatra daily of Sept 7, 1991]
According to the details of 1991, it is seen that there was 29 bigha of land in the name of his father and brothers in Dadeldhura and Kanchanpur districts. As per the current details (2017), there is 57 ropani (4.3. bigha) of land in Dadeldhura in his father’s name and 10 bigha land in Kanchanpur in his brother’s name. In addition, Prime Minister Deuba has Rs 1,650,739.75 in bank account and has 10 gold coins and 13 tola gold (two 2-tola chains; one 5-tola bracelet; and four 1-tola ring set with diamond, ruby etc.)
In the interval of 26 years, Prime Minister Deuba’s land decreased from 29 bigha to approximately 14.3 bigha however his property in the form of bank balance and ornaments has increased.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Five women elected to parliament so far
- Fact Check Three mistakes in RJPN poll manifesto
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
In Public InterestFive women elected to parliament so far Five women have been elected to parliament in the recently held elections. They are Pavitra Niraula ... Read More
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail