Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
Sujit Mainali / July 30, 2018
Figures maintained by Nepal Police have shown that rape complaints have been constantly rising and have more than doubled in six years.
Source: Nepal Police
|Rape (number of complaints)||Major Crime (in terms of no. of complaints)||Attempted Rape
(no. of complaints)
Source: Nepal Police
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in both India and other countries, according to fact-checking website Snopes.com. Read More
Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizenship to their children without any exception and limitation. South Asia Check has examined the citiz... Read More