- Fact Check Minister overstates Koshi Tappu visitor numbers
- In Public Interest Will tourist arrivals surge?
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Fact Check Agricultural land shrinking in tarai due to flooding
- In Public Interest Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
MediaQuarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers During the three months (Oct 1-Dec 31, 2019), among the six major national dailies that we monitor, ... Read More
- Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 23 Gorkhapatra report headlined “Working procedure for construction of Kathmandu-Nijgadh fast-track road approved” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source. This rep... Read More
Opinion article has errors in figures Columnist Achyut Wagle in an article on higher education published in The Kathmandu Post on March 19, 2019 has based his opinion on several incorrect statistics. Read More