Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 8
South Asia Check / April 9, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Valley waste management project stuck due to delay in DPR approval” by Gyan Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A representative involved in the meeting and an official of the Investment Board Nepal.
Nagarik report headlined “Sharp rise in suspicious transactions” by Kuvera Chalise and Sagar Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source and a source associated with the Money Laundering Investigation Department.
Nagarik report headlined “They draw salaries from government, but serve interests of political parties” by Bhasha Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “PM faces criticism for ‘summoning’ NHRC” by Dewan Rai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: One of the members present at the meeting.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Another movement a compulsion: UDMF” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A Nepali Congress leader.
Republica report headlined “Suspicious transaction reports double in four years” by Sagar Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official at Nepal Rastra Bank.
Republica report headlined “Policy harmonization needed to curb flow of dirty money” by Kuvera Chalise datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A high-level source at the Department of Money Laundering Investigation.
Republica report headlined “Few octogenarians aware about KCM’s special allowance” by Sanskriti Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official at the Kathmandu Metropolitan City Office.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently