Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 7
South Asia Check / August 9, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “RPP split in hope of joining government” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance. RPP stands for Rastriya Prajatantra Party.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dispute re-emerges again over Pancheshwar water” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: An official at Ministry of Energy, an official and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Contract awarded by breaching rules” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances, and an owner of a company who had participated in the bidding process.
Nagarik report headlined “NOC land purchase scam, Khadka ignores board of directors” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A parliamentarian. NOC stands for Nepal Oil Corporation.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Rana splits RPP to form new party” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An Election Commission official. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Foul play suspected in Army’s Rs 97m generators deal” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: A source and an owner of a company. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Sajha staffers seize textbooks printed in ‘GM Sharma’s press'” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal and Basanta Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: Sajha officials and Sajha staffers.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Fact Check Upendra Yadav disowns Rs 5 million compensation promise
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
In Public InterestBirth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon While the controversy over the variations in the date of birth of Chief Justice Gopal Parajuli in hi... Read More
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge