Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 24
South Asia Check / June 25, 2016
Annapurna Post report on the killing of 13 Nepali guards in Afghanistan headlined “Initiatives for investigation and compensation” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal bans Afghanistan for foreign employment” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed minister.
Kantipur report on the killing of 13 Nepali guards in Afghanistan headlined “Govt to provide Rs 1 million to each victim family” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Nepali security guard. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently