Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 10
South Asia Check / April 11, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “UML dispute subsides after Oli tweaks report” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A leader from Madhav Kumar Nepal faction of UML.
Annapurna Post report headlined “NGOs also to be involved in reconstruction” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: An official of National Reconstruction Authority, and an official involved in inspection.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Moratorium on medical schools in Valley proposed” by Manish Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature