Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 12
South Asia Check / April 13, 2016
Kantipur report on Tatopani customs point headlined “China to reopen Tatopani border point but won’t repopulate Khasa” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: Highly-placed source from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), an official of MoFA, another official of MoFA, and a source
Kantipur report on Sunsari-Morang Irrigation Project headlined “Rs 450 billion flows away every year” by Binod Bhandari datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A source associated to the project, source and another source.
Nagarik report headlined “Army’s aviation insurance suspicious” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A senior official of the Nepalese Army.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “TeliaSonera sells Ncell stake for Rs 109 bn” by Rupak D Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A reliable source.
The Kathmandu Post report on Bhutanese refugee issue headlined “Decision time for Nepal on remaining population” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in seven instances: Sources in three instances, officials in two instances, government sources, and senior foreign ministry officials.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 7
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 6
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 5
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 4
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 3
- Media Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 2
In Public InterestWomen in jail The statistics for the last five years show that Nepal’s prison population is growing at around 7 ... Read More
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy
- Keep upbraiding the voters!
- This is how falsehood spreads
- Looking back at reconstruction
- Women’s representation will increase after elections