Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 12
South Asia Check / April 13, 2016
Kantipur report on Tatopani customs point headlined “China to reopen Tatopani border point but won’t repopulate Khasa” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: Highly-placed source from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), an official of MoFA, another official of MoFA, and a source
Kantipur report on Sunsari-Morang Irrigation Project headlined “Rs 450 billion flows away every year” by Binod Bhandari datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A source associated to the project, source and another source.
Nagarik report headlined “Army’s aviation insurance suspicious” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A senior official of the Nepalese Army.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “TeliaSonera sells Ncell stake for Rs 109 bn” by Rupak D Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A reliable source.
The Kathmandu Post report on Bhutanese refugee issue headlined “Decision time for Nepal on remaining population” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in seven instances: Sources in three instances, officials in two instances, government sources, and senior foreign ministry officials.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths