Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 12
South Asia Check / April 13, 2016
Kantipur report on Tatopani customs point headlined “China to reopen Tatopani border point but won’t repopulate Khasa” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: Highly-placed source from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), an official of MoFA, another official of MoFA, and a source
Kantipur report on Sunsari-Morang Irrigation Project headlined “Rs 450 billion flows away every year” by Binod Bhandari datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A source associated to the project, source and another source.
Nagarik report headlined “Army’s aviation insurance suspicious” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A senior official of the Nepalese Army.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “TeliaSonera sells Ncell stake for Rs 109 bn” by Rupak D Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A reliable source.
The Kathmandu Post report on Bhutanese refugee issue headlined “Decision time for Nepal on remaining population” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in seven instances: Sources in three instances, officials in two instances, government sources, and senior foreign ministry officials.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy