Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 12
South Asia Check / April 13, 2016
Kantipur report on Tatopani customs point headlined “China to reopen Tatopani border point but won’t repopulate Khasa” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: Highly-placed source from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), an official of MoFA, another official of MoFA, and a source
Kantipur report on Sunsari-Morang Irrigation Project headlined “Rs 450 billion flows away every year” by Binod Bhandari datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A source associated to the project, source and another source.
Nagarik report headlined “Army’s aviation insurance suspicious” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A senior official of the Nepalese Army.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “TeliaSonera sells Ncell stake for Rs 109 bn” by Rupak D Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A reliable source.
The Kathmandu Post report on Bhutanese refugee issue headlined “Decision time for Nepal on remaining population” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in seven instances: Sources in three instances, officials in two instances, government sources, and senior foreign ministry officials.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently