Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 18
South Asia Check / April 19, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Chinese planes pushing Nepal Airlines Corporation toward bankruptcy” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed government official and two unnamed officials from Nepal Airlines Corporation.
Kantipur report headlined “Corruption at Poverty Alleviation Fund itself” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority.
Nagarik report headlined “Donors provided aid but government didn’t distribute” by Balkrishna Adhikari has quoted an unnamed official from the Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage