Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 20
South Asia Check / April 21, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Three former ministers among 21 new ambassadors” by Santosh Ghimire and Balkumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Two different sources, and officials.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Houses yet to be rebuilt but churches construction completed” by Yuvaraj Puri datelined Chautara (Sindhupalchowk) has quoted three unnamed sources: A Christian, another Christian, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Chinese airplanes prove to be white elephants” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A senior official at the Nepal Airlines Corporation, an unnamed official, and another unnamed official.
Nagarik report headlined “21 ambassadors recommended through compromise among parties” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Two different sources, and a source associated with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Nagarik report headlined “Private college representative appointed Nepal Medical Council member on consumer seat” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Two different sources and a source associated with the Ministry of Health.
Kantipur report headlined “21 ambassadors recommended in one go” jointly by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari and Durga Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A minister.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “NPC proposes budget reduction” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A source at the National Planning Commission (NPC), NPC sources and NPC officials.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently