Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 20
South Asia Check / April 21, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Three former ministers among 21 new ambassadors” by Santosh Ghimire and Balkumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Two different sources, and officials.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Houses yet to be rebuilt but churches construction completed” by Yuvaraj Puri datelined Chautara (Sindhupalchowk) has quoted three unnamed sources: A Christian, another Christian, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Chinese airplanes prove to be white elephants” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A senior official at the Nepal Airlines Corporation, an unnamed official, and another unnamed official.
Nagarik report headlined “21 ambassadors recommended through compromise among parties” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Two different sources, and a source associated with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Nagarik report headlined “Private college representative appointed Nepal Medical Council member on consumer seat” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Two different sources and a source associated with the Ministry of Health.
Kantipur report headlined “21 ambassadors recommended in one go” jointly by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari and Durga Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A minister.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “NPC proposes budget reduction” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A source at the National Planning Commission (NPC), NPC sources and NPC officials.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage