Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 21
South Asia Check / April 22, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Alliance fails to decide [on new protest plan]” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. Alliance here refers to the agitating alliance of Madhesi parties.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Fact Check Agricultural land shrinking in tarai due to flooding
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
How justified is the use of anonymous sources? During the two months between November 1st and December 31st of 2017, among the seven major national dailies that we monitor, Nagarik daily outdid the others in terms of the use of anonymous sources i... Read More
Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 30 Annapurna Post report headlined “Election cost to go up by billions of rupees, voting going to be cumbersome” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two insta... Read More