Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 27
South Asia Check / April 28, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Parliament session summoned” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: An expert on parliamentary affairs, and a source. This news does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report on the problems in the medical education headlined “Agreement reached on draft of regulation by putting differences aside” datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Three different sources.
Nagarik report headlined “Parties in dispute show flexibility to end cricket crisis” by Ajaya Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An experienced cricketing official of Nepal.
Republica report headlined “Lack of parliamentary hearings has chain effect across govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A legal expert. This news does not carry a byline.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Former King of Mustang Jigme falls ill” by Gopal Chhantyal datelined Beni has quoted one unnamed source: The former king’s family source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item