Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 28
South Asia Check / April 29, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Textbooks shortage in 71 districts” by Pravin Dhakal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Department of Education, and another source from Janak Education Material Center.
Nagarik report headlined “Confusion over reconstruction” by Kuvera Chalise datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from a ministry related to reconstruction.
Nagarik report headlined “Govt in dark about work of most aid agencies in quake-hit districts” by Narahari Sapkota, Nirajan Paudel, Ramesh Khatiwada and Dhruba Dangal datelined Gorkha, Sindhupalchowk, Dolakha and Nuwakot has quoted an unnamed local and another unnamed businessman.
Kantipur report headlined “When will parliamentary hearings take place?” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed lawmaker.
Kantipur report headlined “Justice delayed” by Ghanashyam Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the case department.
Kantipur report headlined “Nepal stock brokers make Rs 5 million in commissions per day” by Yagya Banjade datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed broker.
Republica report headlined “NRA’s grant distribution plan hits a snag” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development.
Republica report headlined “Health facilities across country lack essential medicines” by Arjun Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Ministry of Health.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item