Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 5
South Asia Check / April 6, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Why don’t they purchase buildings for embassies?” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source, and a source associated with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Kantipur report headlined “Dispute over parliamentarian regulations to be decided through voting” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source associated with the Parliamentarian Secretariat and an official of Regulation Drafting Committee of parliament.
Republica report headlined “Panama papers finger seven Nepalis” by Kuvera Chalise datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: An investor, business people, and one of the investigation officers.
Nagarik report headlined “Unaccounted funds siphoned away abroad” by Kuvera Chalise datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: An industrialist, entrepreneurs and an official involved in the investigation.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “High time Nepal opened own probe” by Prithvi Man Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A leading banker, another leading banker, a senior chartered accountant and an official at Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) of Nepal Rastra Bank .
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently