Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 6
South Asia Check / April 7, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal Rastra Bank orders study into bank accounts” by Ashish Gyawali and Sujit Mahat datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Nepal Rastra Bank.
Annapurna Post report headlined “EU, India made a mistake: German MP” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. The report does not have a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Sah accused in businessman Singhaniya’s murder also” by Shyam Sundar Shashi datelined Janakpur has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “GMR planning to pull out of Upper Karnali [hydropower project]” by Lakshman Biyogi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from GMR and another unnamed source from the Ministry of Energy.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Suspended MP among four brought to Janakpur for probe” datelined Janakpurdham has quoted an unnamed police source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “EU-India statement surprises Teerink” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed diplomatic sources in one instance.
Republica report headlined “EU-Nepal head denies changing stance on constitution” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed EU sources. The report does not have a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “EU stands by its position on Nepal’s new constitution” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed diplomat. The report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item