Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 6
South Asia Check / April 7, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal Rastra Bank orders study into bank accounts” by Ashish Gyawali and Sujit Mahat datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Nepal Rastra Bank.
Annapurna Post report headlined “EU, India made a mistake: German MP” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. The report does not have a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Sah accused in businessman Singhaniya’s murder also” by Shyam Sundar Shashi datelined Janakpur has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “GMR planning to pull out of Upper Karnali [hydropower project]” by Lakshman Biyogi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from GMR and another unnamed source from the Ministry of Energy.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Suspended MP among four brought to Janakpur for probe” datelined Janakpurdham has quoted an unnamed police source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “EU-India statement surprises Teerink” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed diplomatic sources in one instance.
Republica report headlined “EU-Nepal head denies changing stance on constitution” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed EU sources. The report does not have a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “EU stands by its position on Nepal’s new constitution” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed diplomat. The report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently