Anonymous sources in newspapers of April 6
South Asia Check / April 7, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal Rastra Bank orders study into bank accounts” by Ashish Gyawali and Sujit Mahat datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Nepal Rastra Bank.
Annapurna Post report headlined “EU, India made a mistake: German MP” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. The report does not have a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Sah accused in businessman Singhaniya’s murder also” by Shyam Sundar Shashi datelined Janakpur has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “GMR planning to pull out of Upper Karnali [hydropower project]” by Lakshman Biyogi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from GMR and another unnamed source from the Ministry of Energy.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Suspended MP among four brought to Janakpur for probe” datelined Janakpurdham has quoted an unnamed police source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “EU-India statement surprises Teerink” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed diplomatic sources in one instance.
Republica report headlined “EU-Nepal head denies changing stance on constitution” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed EU sources. The report does not have a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “EU stands by its position on Nepal’s new constitution” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed diplomat. The report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore