Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 18
South Asia Check / August 18, 2015
Republica report headlined “Cholera remains uncontrolled in capital” by Arjun Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Health experts, and doctors at Shukraraj Tropical and Infectious Disease Hospital. *
Annapurna Post report headlined “Draft delayed by non-acceptance of federalism” by Rewati Sakpota datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a leader from the UCPN (Maoist) party and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “Constitution bill delayed” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Monsoon sets in across the country” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source — Nepali meteorologists.
* This post has been struck through after it was found that health experts and doctors were actually quoted in the report.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
- Fact Check PM makes unfounded claims about PCR test rate, virtues of Nepali diet
- Fact Check Ex-PM Khanal grossly exaggerates Nepal’s hydropower generation potential
- Fact Check Finance minister overstates health sector allocation, makes wrong claim about Nepal’s income tax regime
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently