Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 18
South Asia Check / August 18, 2015
Republica report headlined “Cholera remains uncontrolled in capital” by Arjun Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Health experts, and doctors at Shukraraj Tropical and Infectious Disease Hospital. *
Annapurna Post report headlined “Draft delayed by non-acceptance of federalism” by Rewati Sakpota datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a leader from the UCPN (Maoist) party and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “Constitution bill delayed” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Monsoon sets in across the country” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source — Nepali meteorologists.
* This post has been struck through after it was found that health experts and doctors were actually quoted in the report.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June, 2021) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some pictures circulating as this week’s Melamchi flooding scenes are old
- Fact Check Video clips falsely suggest Covid-19 vaccine makes human body magnetic
- Fact Check Prime minister’s press advisor wrongly claims Chure hills lie only in Nepal
- Fact Check Birtamod mayor’s misleading remedies for Covid-19 and false claims fact-checked
- Fact Check Old man in viral social media posts is a US WWII veteran, not a Covid-recovered Italian
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables