Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 2
South Asia Check / August 3, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Land exceeding the ceiling being seized” by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source in two instances, and source associated to Department of Land Reform and Management in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Disregarding the constitution, clarification sought from seven doctors” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a source associated with the Tribhuvan University. This news does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Task force formed to nab Sanghai” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A senior official at the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) and NCB officials. This news does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage