Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 2
South Asia Check / August 3, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Land exceeding the ceiling being seized” by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Source in two instances, and source associated to Department of Land Reform and Management in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Disregarding the constitution, clarification sought from seven doctors” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a source associated with the Tribhuvan University. This news does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Task force formed to nab Sanghai” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A senior official at the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) and NCB officials. This news does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements