Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 20
South Asia Check / August 24, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Provincial delineations, statute amendment and elections are India’s concerns during Nidhi visit” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted a participant from meeting between Nepal and India side.
Nagarik report headlined “India serious about border security” by Surendra Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Republica report headlined “India satisfied at statute amendment initiatives” by Nabin Khatiwada datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Nepali source.
Republica report headlined “Mukherjee to visit Nepal after Dahal visits India” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Nepali source. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “NC to finalize new ministers by Monday” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the Nepali Congress.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Old foreign photos being circulated as Nepal wildfire photos
- Fact Check TikTok user trimmed video to show Dahal in a bad light
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently