Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 25
South Asia Check / August 26, 2015
The Himalayan Times report headlined “SSP among eight killed in Tikapur clashes” by Tekendra Deuba datelined Dhangadhi has quoted one unnamed source: police sources.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Ministries cagey about PM Relief Fund spending” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a high-level official at the Animal Health Directorate and a Ministry of Home Affair source.
Nagarik report headlined “Seven security personnel including SSP killed” by Dil Bahadur Chhatyal datelined Tikapur/Dhangadhi has quoted one unnamed source: eyewitnesses.
Nagarik report on Kailali incident headlined “Attack pre-planned, lapses in security” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a security official.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “8 killed in Tikapur clash” by Ganesh Chaudhary and Mohan Budaair datelined Tikapur has quoted two unnamed source: eyewitnesses and local eyewitnesses.
Kantipur report headlined “Tikapur clash turns violent” by Ganesh Chaudhary and Mohan Budaair datelined Tikapur has quoted two unnamed sources: locals and security source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently