Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 25
South Asia Check / August 26, 2015
The Himalayan Times report headlined “SSP among eight killed in Tikapur clashes” by Tekendra Deuba datelined Dhangadhi has quoted one unnamed source: police sources.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Ministries cagey about PM Relief Fund spending” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a high-level official at the Animal Health Directorate and a Ministry of Home Affair source.
Nagarik report headlined “Seven security personnel including SSP killed” by Dil Bahadur Chhatyal datelined Tikapur/Dhangadhi has quoted one unnamed source: eyewitnesses.
Nagarik report on Kailali incident headlined “Attack pre-planned, lapses in security” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a security official.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “8 killed in Tikapur clash” by Ganesh Chaudhary and Mohan Budaair datelined Tikapur has quoted two unnamed source: eyewitnesses and local eyewitnesses.
Kantipur report headlined “Tikapur clash turns violent” by Ganesh Chaudhary and Mohan Budaair datelined Tikapur has quoted two unnamed sources: locals and security source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?