Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 25
South Asia Check / August 26, 2015
The Himalayan Times report headlined “SSP among eight killed in Tikapur clashes” by Tekendra Deuba datelined Dhangadhi has quoted one unnamed source: police sources.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Ministries cagey about PM Relief Fund spending” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a high-level official at the Animal Health Directorate and a Ministry of Home Affair source.
Nagarik report headlined “Seven security personnel including SSP killed” by Dil Bahadur Chhatyal datelined Tikapur/Dhangadhi has quoted one unnamed source: eyewitnesses.
Nagarik report on Kailali incident headlined “Attack pre-planned, lapses in security” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a security official.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “8 killed in Tikapur clash” by Ganesh Chaudhary and Mohan Budaair datelined Tikapur has quoted two unnamed source: eyewitnesses and local eyewitnesses.
Kantipur report headlined “Tikapur clash turns violent” by Ganesh Chaudhary and Mohan Budaair datelined Tikapur has quoted two unnamed sources: locals and security source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage