Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 27
South Asia Check / August 28, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “Let’s sit for dialogue” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source
Kantipur report headlined “Police stations removed” by Pratima Banskota, Shiva Puri and Jitendra Khadka datelined Kathmandu, Rautahat and Saptari has quoted an unnamed source from the Armed Police Force.
Nagarik report on surrogacy headlined “Service started on the basis of letter of congratulations” datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: a source, high-placed officials from the Ministry of Health and Population and high-level government officials.
Nagarik report headlined “Government powerless before medical colleges” by Dipak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a member of the [Mathema-led] committee.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Major parties reach out to Tharu, Madhesi leaders” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai and Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Government to brief international community today” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a senior government official and sources.
Annapurna Post report on the National Reconstruction Authority headlined “Authority in crisis” by Sujit Mahat datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: an official from legal sector, source and a senior official at the Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers.
Annapurna Post report headlined “President dissatisfied over ‘army mobilization'” by Chudamani Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: a high placed security source and a source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
- Fact Check PM makes unfounded claims about PCR test rate, virtues of Nepali diet
- Fact Check Ex-PM Khanal grossly exaggerates Nepal’s hydropower generation potential
- Fact Check Finance minister overstates health sector allocation, makes wrong claim about Nepal’s income tax regime
- Fact Check Rajendra Mahato repeats debunked myth about Nepal’s water resources
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently