Anonymous sources in newspapers of August 5
South Asia Check / August 6, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dispute in Nepali Congress over selection of ministers” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A central committee member of Nepali Congress.
Nagarik report headlined “Karki snubs court too” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: A source associated with the Supreme Court and a staff. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “List of ministers altered overnight” by Rudra Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source from Maoist headquarters, a leader, a source in two instances, and another leader of the CPN (Maoist Center).
Nagarik report headlined “Poudel faction unhappy with Deuba” by Subodh Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted source close to Arjun Narsingh KC in two instances.
Republica report headlined “PM Dahal forms six-member cabinet” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Members close to Shekhar Koirala, and a member close to Shekhar Koirala.
Republica report headlined “CIAA chief dillydallys over SC notice” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A court staffer, and a court source. This news does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Oli govt gave away 37 hectares of Chitwan National Park land to Kamalanayanacharya” by Ramesh Kumar Paudel datelined Chitwan has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Park officials.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “NC, Maoists struggle to finalize list of ministers” by Sarin Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: Sources in two instances and Maoists Centre leaders in one instance.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NC leaders KC, Koirala refuse to join cabinet” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in five instances. This news does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently