Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 1
South Asia Check / December 2, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Even the UDMF rejects amendment proposal” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance. UDMF refers to the agitating United Democratic Madhesi Front.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Who is responsible for Vaidyakhana’s decline?” by Rajesh Barma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: staffers at Singhadurbar Vaidyakhana Vikas Samiti, experts in two instances, and officials at Singhadurbar Vaidyakhana Vikas Samiti.
Nagarik report headlined “When two state ministers reached the Ministry of Urban Development…” by Prabin Dhakal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Those close to the minister of state for commerce, a person close to the minister of state for commerce, a source close to the Nepali Congress, and a source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt docs warn of halting services from today” by Manish Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A member of the talks team.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently