Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 13
South Asia Check / December 15, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “Nepal continues to remain in EU aviation safety blacklist” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A senior official of the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
Kantipur report headlined “‘This is how the ‘roadmap’ was prepared” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted six unnamed sources: A highly-placed source, an informed source, a Nepali from New Delhi who is also a follower of Ravi Shankar, a source, a former ambassador to India and an Indian security expert.
Kantipur report headlined “What’s your view on 4-point agreement?” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A leader, a source, another leader and another source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Home minister admits mistake” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A leader, another leader and a source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
- Fact Check PM makes unfounded claims about PCR test rate, virtues of Nepali diet
- Fact Check Ex-PM Khanal grossly exaggerates Nepal’s hydropower generation potential
- Fact Check Finance minister overstates health sector allocation, makes wrong claim about Nepal’s income tax regime
- Fact Check Rajendra Mahato repeats debunked myth about Nepal’s water resources
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently