Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 16
South Asia Check / December 17, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “They have acted forcibly: Morcha” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed UCPN (Maoist) leader. Morcha refers to the agitating United Democratic Madhesi Front.
Kantipur report headlined “Preparations just start for providing grants [to earthquake victims]” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quotes an unnamed official from the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Economic rehabilitation fund to be established” by Prithvi Man Shrestha has quoted an unnamed official from the Nepal Rastra Bank and another official from the Ministry of Finance.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NAC team off to China to buy aircraft” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from NAC and another official from the Tribhuvan International Airport.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item