Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 19
South Asia Check / December 20, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “Students face problems due to TU’s mistakes” by Ammar GC datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Tribhuvan University.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Rai appointed as acting APF chief” by Balkumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. APF refers to the Armed Police Force.
Republica report headlined “Govt appoints AIG Rai as acting APF chief” by Kamal Pariyar and Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources close to the Ministry of Home Affairs.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!