Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 20
South Asia Check / December 21, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “Birgunj and Gaur tense” by Bhusan Yadav and Shiva Puri datelined Birgunj and Gaur has quoted an unnamed eyewitness.
Kantipur report headlined “Fake earthquake victims on rise” by Krishna Gyawali has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Local Development, another source from the same ministry and a source from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Morcha extorts funds from 500 industrial firms” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed trader from Morang Business Association.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Morcha and Congress get closer” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. The report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Aviation safety inspectors find ANS, aerodrome services unsafe” by Rajan Pokhrel has quoted two unnamed directors of the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “UDMF rejects Nepali Congress proposal” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources from the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently