Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 25
South Asia Check / December 26, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “Two new ministries to cost additional Rs 3 billion” by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted a government official, a source from the cabinet, and another official from the Ministry of Finance.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Rs 15 billion in the hands of fuel smugglers” by Rajesh Barma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from Nepal Oil Corporation and an official from the corporation.
Nagarik report headlined “China ready to provide fuel” by Purna Basnet datelined Hong Kong has quoted an unnamed Nepali official.
Nagarik report headlined “Ministries added to appease coalition partners” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed minister and another source from the cabinet.
Republica report headlined “China hints of more fuel assistance to Nepal” by Purna Basnet datelined Hong Kong has quoted an unnamed Nepali official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Oli inducts four ministers from fringe parties” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed minister, and sources close to Prime Minister Oli in one instance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently