Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 29
South Asia Check / December 30, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “Government lost taxes worth millions of rupees on relief goods” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source.
Nagarik report headlined “‘Cylinder bombs’ in Nepali kitchens” by Sujan Oli datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source and a source associated with the Nepal Bureau of Standards and Metrology.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deliberations on bill start with ‘go-slow’ approach” by Binod Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source close to Speaker Onsari Gharti.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Clashes in Janakpur leave at least 35 hurt” datelined Janakpur has quoted one unnamed source: Witnesses. This report does not carry a byline.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Death toll in Dolakha rises to 13” by Subash Yonjan datelined Charikot has quoted one unnamed source: Locals.
Annapurna Post report headlined “PM proposes joint dialogue with India” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A leader, another leader, another leader, and a leader close to Prime Minister Oli.
Kantipur report headlined “Smuggling thrives” by Bhusan Yadav, Lilaballav Ghimire, Binod Bhandari, Madhav Dhungana, Thakur Singh Tharu and Parbat Portel datelined Birgunj, Biratnagar, Bhairahawa, Banke and Kakarvitta has quoted four unnamed sources: A fuel trafficker, related source, an industrialist and an another industrialist.
Kantipur report headlined “Preparations on to end sit-in” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A source associated with the United Democratic Madhesi Front (UDMF), another source associated with UDMF, a leader of UDMF and a source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently