Anonymous sources in newspapers of December 3
South Asia Check / December 4, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “Thapa-Swaraj talks” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed Nepali official and another unnamed diplomat.
Annapurna Post report headlined “India sticks to its stance” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. The report does not have a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “India urges Nepal to fix internal issues” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed Nepali official.
Republica report headlined “Ruling, agitating sides trade blame for talks deferral” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader. The report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!