Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 12
South Asia Check / February 13, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Oli to visit India on February 19” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source associated with the prime minister’s office and a minister.
Republica report headlined “Deal with agitating parties likely before India visit” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A UML leader.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Divergent views appear ahead of Oli’s Delhi trip” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A senior MoFA official, MoFA officials and sources.
Kantipur report on the UK’s sending of Gurkha soldiers to Brunei among other countries headlined “What if Nepal sent them on its own?” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: An official of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), an official, and MoFA officials.
Annapurna Post report headlined “33 bodies of earthquake victims still remain unclaimed” by Madhav Dhungel datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Two different sources.
Annapurna Post report headlined “How did Malati disappear from the airport” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source associated with the Tribhuvan International Airport and an official of the immigration office.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently