Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 13
South Asia Check / February 14, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Consensus on constitutional mechanism” by Prakash Timalsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source, and unnamed leader of the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Warm welcome awaits Oli in Delhi” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed senior official of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Republica report headlined “Vested interest in Rs 90 million maintenance bill behind Melamchi pipeline delay” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently