Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 14
South Asia Check / February 16, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Infighting in Nepali Congress establishment faction for party leadership” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted ten unnamed sources: A source close to Ram Chandra Poudel, six different sources, and three different leaders.
Nagarik report about the preparation for announcement to end energy crisis headlined “Officials themselves doubt if government move will yield positive results” by Laxman Biyogi datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: A source associated with the Ministry of Energy, a senior official of the ministry, two different sources, and a promoter.
Kantipur report headlined “Both Nepali Congress factions working out strategies” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A source, a central committee member of the Nepali Congress and another member of the central committee.
Kantipur report headlined “Development expenditure only 9 percent” by Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A government official.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “New ministries for ministers’ sake” by Binod Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Political affinity reflected in TRC members’ work” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Sources, another sources and a source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NC establishment faction in bid to forge unity” by Prakash Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently