Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 25
South Asia Check / February 26, 2016
Kantipur report on Tara Air plane crash headlined “Pilot was experienced” by Swaroop Acharya and Kanchan Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source associated with Tara Air.
Nagarik report headlined “Plane crashed ‘due to bad weather'” by Sushil Bhattarai, Santosh Pokharel and Harikrishna Gautam datelined Kathmandu, Pokhara and Myagdi has quoted two unnamed sources: A senior captain, and another captain.
Nagarik report headlined “Nepali Congress establishment under pressure to put forward a common candidate” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A leader, a source, and another leader.
Annapurna Post report headlined “‘Hindu State’ is Modi’s message” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: Five different sources.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “No joint communiqué as PM Oli wraps up India visit” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Highly-placed sources on both sides, officials privy to the visit and a member of the Nepali delegation.
The Kathmandu Post report on Tara Air plane crash headlined “Experts blame multiple factors” by Sangam Prasain datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: an aviation expert.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Tara Air plane crashes en route to Jomsom, leaving all 23 aboard dead” jointly by Pushpa Raj Acharya and Rup Narayan Dhakal datelined Kathmandu and Pokhara has quoted one unnamed source: A high-ranking official of the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “PM Oli returns from India” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official accompanying Prime Minister K P Oli to India.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently