Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 3
South Asia Check / February 4, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “South Asian Games’ Rs 30 million deposited in private account” by Dipendra Gurung datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the National Sports Council.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “UCPN-Maoist posing hurdles in endorsing TRC, CIEDP regulations” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. TRC refers to Truth and Reconciliation Commission, and CIEDP stands for Commission of Investigation on Enforced Disappeared Persons.
Nagarik report headlined “Front calls for support from BJP leader” by Mithilesh Yadav datelined Patna (India) has quoted an unnamed source. Front refers to the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently