Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 6
South Asia Check / February 7, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Birgunj obstruction also ends” by Bhusan Yadav datelined Birgunj has quoted three unnamed sources: An official at Raxual customs, eyewitnesses, and a businessman from the Indian side.
Nagarik report headlined “Mahato reaches capital” by Mithilesh Yadav datelined Lahan (Siraha) has quoted one unnamed source: An aide to Sadbhavana Party chief Rajendra Mahato.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Birgunj border opens after five months” by Ram Sarraf datelined Birgunj has quoted one unnamed source: Some eyewitnesses.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Congress constituency conventions convened” datelined Kathmandu as quoted one unnamed source: A Nepali Congress leader.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently