Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 8
South Asia Check / February 9, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Black market nexus” by Akhanda Bhandari and Raju Chaudhary datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A police source, two officials from the Nepal Oil Corporation, and another source.
Kantipur report headlined “Rift further widens in Morcha” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader of the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Mahato’s remark riles UDMF constituents” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed United Democratic Madhesi Front leader. The report does not have a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Rift in Morcha” by Mithilesh Yadav datelined Lahan has quoted an unnamed source from the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
Nagarik report headlined “Fake doctors number more than 13: Police” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police officer.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
- Fact Check PM makes unfounded claims about PCR test rate, virtues of Nepali diet
- Fact Check Ex-PM Khanal grossly exaggerates Nepal’s hydropower generation potential
- Fact Check Finance minister overstates health sector allocation, makes wrong claim about Nepal’s income tax regime
- Fact Check Rajendra Mahato repeats debunked myth about Nepal’s water resources
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently