Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 9
South Asia Check / February 10, 2016
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Mahato hauled over the coals” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A leader of the United Democratic Madhesi Front. The report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Fuel also enters through Birgunj” by Bhusan Yadav datelined Birgunj has quoted one unnamed source: A source.
Kantipur report headlined “Sit-in and strike withdrawn” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source present at the meeting.
Republica report headlined “Poudel, Jaitley discuss use of earthquake aid” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Knowledgeable sources, and a source privy to the development. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage