Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 9
South Asia Check / February 10, 2016
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Mahato hauled over the coals” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A leader of the United Democratic Madhesi Front. The report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Fuel also enters through Birgunj” by Bhusan Yadav datelined Birgunj has quoted one unnamed source: A source.
Kantipur report headlined “Sit-in and strike withdrawn” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source present at the meeting.
Republica report headlined “Poudel, Jaitley discuss use of earthquake aid” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Knowledgeable sources, and a source privy to the development. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently