Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 9
South Asia Check / February 10, 2016
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Mahato hauled over the coals” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A leader of the United Democratic Madhesi Front. The report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Fuel also enters through Birgunj” by Bhusan Yadav datelined Birgunj has quoted one unnamed source: A source.
Kantipur report headlined “Sit-in and strike withdrawn” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source present at the meeting.
Republica report headlined “Poudel, Jaitley discuss use of earthquake aid” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Knowledgeable sources, and a source privy to the development. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage