Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 12
South Asia Check / January 13, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Accept amendments and move forward” written by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed official.
Nagarik report headlined “Prime minister telephones Mahato” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source close to the prime minister. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Set priorities for Indian visit says PM Oli” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed senior Nepali diplomat.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently