Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 14
South Asia Check / January 15, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “255 gas bullet to be re-routed” by Sujan Oli and Ritesh Tripathi datelined Kathmandu and Birgunj has quoted six unnamed sources: A source, a source associated with the Nepal Oil Corporation, Indian customs officials, proprietor of an LPG bottling firm, an official of an LPG bottling firm, and Indian officials.
Nagarik report headlined “IOM sanctions arbitrary admissions” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A highly-placed source, a source associated with the Tribhuvan University’s Institute of Medicine (IOM), and other office bearers of IOM.
Nagarik report headlined “Nepali Congress in profit” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source.
A Reuters report headlined “Pakistan arrests J-e-M head over Pathankot air base attack” datelined Islamabad published in The Himalayan Times has quoted two unnamed sources: A senior intelligence official, and a senior government official associated with the investigation.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Recruiting agencies telling twisted tale?” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official from the Department of Foreign Employment.
Kantipur report headlined “There are no sit-in protestors, but customs point remains closed” by Bhusan Yadav datelined Kathmandu has quoted six unnamed sources: Employees of the Nepal Oil Corporation, a businessman, knowledgeable persons, a knowledgeable person (analyst), a member of the security agency, and an industrialist.
Kantipur report headlined “‘Abnormal’ perks” by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: An official from the Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, government officials and another official from the Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently