Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 15
South Asia Check / January 16, 2016
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Big 3 taskforce asked to draft ‘final deal text'” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Sources. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “2 briefings little too many?” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Sources, another official and another source.
Kantipur report headlined “TOR to be included in appendix of constitution” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source associated with the UDMF.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Nepali Congress richest among political parties” by Narad Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source associated with the UCPN (Maoist).
Nagarik report headlined “Preparations on to distribute Rs 900 million by robbing consumers” by Kuvera Chalise and Sujan Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source associated with the Nepal Oil Corporation.
Republica report headlined “Staff at debt-ridden NOC in for big bonuses” jointly by Kuvera Chalise and Sujan Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed source: A source associated with Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC) and petroleum experts.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently