Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 15
South Asia Check / January 16, 2016
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Big 3 taskforce asked to draft ‘final deal text'” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Sources. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “2 briefings little too many?” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Sources, another official and another source.
Kantipur report headlined “TOR to be included in appendix of constitution” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source associated with the UDMF.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Nepali Congress richest among political parties” by Narad Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source associated with the UCPN (Maoist).
Nagarik report headlined “Preparations on to distribute Rs 900 million by robbing consumers” by Kuvera Chalise and Sujan Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source associated with the Nepal Oil Corporation.
Republica report headlined “Staff at debt-ridden NOC in for big bonuses” jointly by Kuvera Chalise and Sujan Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed source: A source associated with Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC) and petroleum experts.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?