Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 19
South Asia Check / January 20, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Hockey players don’t yet know the rules of the game” by Dipendra Gurung datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sports official.
Nagarik report headlined “NGOs given work by sidelining government staffers” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the National Reconstruction Authority and another unnamed official from the Ministry of Urban Development.
Kantipur report headlined “Talks stuck over annex” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Talks come a cropper as blame game starts” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the ruling party. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Indian, Chinese envoys call on DPM Thapa” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed senior official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Stalemate on UDMF’s demands continues” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source close to the UCPN (Maoist)
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage