Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 19
South Asia Check / January 20, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Hockey players don’t yet know the rules of the game” by Dipendra Gurung datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sports official.
Nagarik report headlined “NGOs given work by sidelining government staffers” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the National Reconstruction Authority and another unnamed official from the Ministry of Urban Development.
Kantipur report headlined “Talks stuck over annex” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Talks come a cropper as blame game starts” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the ruling party. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Indian, Chinese envoys call on DPM Thapa” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed senior official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Stalemate on UDMF’s demands continues” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source close to the UCPN (Maoist)
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNARC grappling with manpower shortage At the Nepal Agricultural Research Council, the government-sanctioned positions are already insuffic... Read More
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?