Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 2
South Asia Check / January 3, 2016
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “CIAA instructions befuddle govt” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Kantipur report headlined “Form of agitation not to change immediately” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. The report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “New proposal for resolving demarcation dispute” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Lazimpat source and another highly-placed source from the United Democratic Madhesi Front. Lazimpat here refers to UCPN (Maoist) Pushpa Kamal Dahal’s residence.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements