Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 2
South Asia Check / January 3, 2016
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “CIAA instructions befuddle govt” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Kantipur report headlined “Form of agitation not to change immediately” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. The report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “New proposal for resolving demarcation dispute” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Lazimpat source and another highly-placed source from the United Democratic Madhesi Front. Lazimpat here refers to UCPN (Maoist) Pushpa Kamal Dahal’s residence.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
In Public InterestNARC grappling with manpower shortage At the Nepal Agricultural Research Council, the government-sanctioned positions are already insuffic... Read More
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?