Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 21
South Asia Check / January 22, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Distribute stock oil immediately” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and an unnamed official from the Ministry of Supply.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Blockade will end along with constitutional amendment” by Chiranjivi Dhungana and Bal Kumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Three agitating parties’ chiefs won’t be there” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from Rajendra Mahato’s family. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deal or no deal, major forces set to vote for bill” by Binod Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the Madhesi People’s Rights Forum-Democratic.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently