Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 21
South Asia Check / January 22, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Distribute stock oil immediately” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and an unnamed official from the Ministry of Supply.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Blockade will end along with constitutional amendment” by Chiranjivi Dhungana and Bal Kumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Three agitating parties’ chiefs won’t be there” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from Rajendra Mahato’s family. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deal or no deal, major forces set to vote for bill” by Binod Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the Madhesi People’s Rights Forum-Democratic.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage