Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 21
South Asia Check / January 22, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Distribute stock oil immediately” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and an unnamed official from the Ministry of Supply.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Blockade will end along with constitutional amendment” by Chiranjivi Dhungana and Bal Kumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Three agitating parties’ chiefs won’t be there” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from Rajendra Mahato’s family. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Deal or no deal, major forces set to vote for bill” by Binod Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the Madhesi People’s Rights Forum-Democratic.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?