Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 25
South Asia Check / January 26, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Front under pressure” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source. Front refers to the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
Kantipur report on Manmohan Medical College headlined “Bill in parliamentary committee dominated by the board members [of Manmohan Medical College]” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A member of the parliamentary committee, a source and another source.
Nagarik report headlined “It took six months to spend one month’s budget” by Balkrishna Gwayali datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A senior official at the Ministry of Finance.
Nagarik report headlined “Fake passport for returning home” by Shreejana Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A senior official at the Department of Immigration, and an official.
Republica report headlined “FSFN for capital-centric agitation, sparing general public” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Some other Madhesi leaders.
Republica report headlined “MRPs forged for migrant workers under illegal status” by Shreejana Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official of the Department of Immigration.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Tarai leaders plan change in agitation” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A leader of the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently