Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 26
South Asia Check / January 27, 2016
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Obstruction continues at Birgunj-Raxaul point” by Bhusan Yadav datelined Birgunj has quoted an unnamed official from Birgunj Customs Office.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “SLMM: Will change tack, won’t fall back” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and a leader of the United Democratic Madhesi Front also known as Samyukta Loktantrik Madhesi Morcha. The report does not have a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Front takes soft stance” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and a leader of the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
Nagarik report headlined “Absconding corruption convict working inside Singha Durbar” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Central Investigation Bureau.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Donors take back Rs 10 billion” by Pitambar Sigdel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and another unnamed official from the Multi Stakeholder Forestry Program.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage