Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 26
South Asia Check / January 27, 2016
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Obstruction continues at Birgunj-Raxaul point” by Bhusan Yadav datelined Birgunj has quoted an unnamed official from Birgunj Customs Office.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “SLMM: Will change tack, won’t fall back” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and a leader of the United Democratic Madhesi Front also known as Samyukta Loktantrik Madhesi Morcha. The report does not have a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Front takes soft stance” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and a leader of the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
Nagarik report headlined “Absconding corruption convict working inside Singha Durbar” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Central Investigation Bureau.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Donors take back Rs 10 billion” by Pitambar Sigdel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and another unnamed official from the Multi Stakeholder Forestry Program.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently